20 February 2013




Veteran Actor famed for his role as the headmaster in popular 1980′s NTA TV series Village Headmaster & a host of Nollywwod movies Justus Esiri has passed away, he is reported to have died last night (February 19).
Born on 20 November 1942 in Oria-Abraka, Delta State! Justus Esiri attended Urhobo College Effurun in the then Bendel State.Warri. He was at the Maximillan University, Munich, German, 1964, Prof. Weners Institute of Engineering, West Berlin, 1967 and the Ahrens School of Performing Arts, 1968.
Related Article: Justus Esiri: Cause of Death Revealed
He began his acting career in Germany. He was the only Nigerian male performing on stage between 1968 and 1969. He also worked for Voice of Nigeria, German Service as a translator. He was performing on stage when in Germany when a delegation from Nigeria invited him home to perform in a government sponsored programme.
The veteran actor had won several awards including THEMA Awards, NTA Honours Awards and AMAA Awards. His most memorable Nollywood movies were Wasted Years, Forever, The Prize, Six Demons, Corridors of Power, Last Knight, The Tyrant, The investigation, The Ghost.
He is also reputed to have performed on more TV Network drama programmes than any Nigerian actor.

In a recent interview when asked about his dad here’s what Dr. Sid had to say:
I’m one of my Dad’s biggest fans. He was a celebrity before people even knew what celebrities were. He is a living legend, I have the utmost respect for him. He trained me well. He thought me how to handle being a celebrity because the most important thing is not to lose yourself. He taught me to always have a tether to reality so that as much as I can soar to the highest heights, I must always keep myself grounded.
He often expressed how proud his father was of his accomplishments in his career.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Esiri family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!